DIY Organic Body Butter Kit
Benefits of making your own body butter
The advantage of making your own body butter is that they can be customised by using specific ingredients for their inherent properties. Body butters are made with all-natural ingredients are full of skin-nourishing minerals and vitamins. Their natural benefits include the ability to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin, the ability to restore damaged skin cells, and the ability to prevent future damage caused by harsh environmental factors by creating protective temporary barriers on skin.
Making body butters has the added advantage of being eco-friendly, as the use of natural products means that chemicals are neither being used on the skin nor polluting the atmosphere. Because products can be stored in reusable containers and can be custom labelled resulting in less waste being produced. Body butters also form a protective barrier over the skin to lock in moisture. Our skin already has a natural barrier to help protect us from the elements, but free radicals in the dry air, hot sun and cold winter weather can all have damaging effects on our skin. Again, body butters form an additional protective layer for our skin from those elements. All body butters have essential omega 3 fats that benefit the body. Omega 3 fats are very moisturising and help calm inflammation.
There are two options in this listing:
- 1 x 100g Shea Butter
- 1 x 100g Mango Butter
- 1 x 100g Cocoa Butter
- 1 x 100g Coconut Oil
- 1 x Jar
- 2 x 100g Shea Butter
- 2 x 100g Mango Butter
- 2 x 100g Cocoa Butter
- 2 x 100g Coconut Oil
- 2 x Jar
You can make your own recipe for DIY Body Butter
- 35 g Shea Butter
- 35 g Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
- 35 g Coconut Oil
- 50 ml of Oil (eg Almond, Jojoba, Argan or Avocado Oil)
- 10-30 drops of Essential Oil (Optional)
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- Combine all the ingredients (except essential oil) in a double boiler or glass bowl.
- Stir them constantly over medium heat until all the ingredients are melted.
- Once melted, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. If including essential oils in the formula, add them now.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the fridge for 1 hour or until it begins to harden but still remains somewhat soft.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the mixture for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Refrigerate the whipped mixture for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store the product in the jar provided.