What is Propylene Glycol?
Propylene glycol is commonly used in moisturisers, as it holds moisture in the skin - keeping it soft and young. Great for use in masks, as it prevents over-drying.
Propylene glycol is also a commonly used solvent for active extraction and delivery and is often found in cosmetic active preparations. It can be replaced by its more natural but less powerful cousin Glycerin.
- Effective humectant and wetting agent preventing water loss in products and in the skin
- Increases skin permeability of active ingredients as it penetrates into the outermost skin layers
- Emollient and lubricant properties
- Increases spreading of creams
- Excellent solubiliser of other ingredients
- 1 - 5%