- It is an excellent conditioner for skin and hair restoring softness and elasticity
- It is believed to provide soothing and anti-inflammation properties, as well as boost UV-protection
- Improved oxidative stability when compared to cocoa butter
- Lotions & Creams: 5 - 20 %
- Balms: 5 – 100 %
- Bar Soaps: 5 - 20 %
- Hair Conditioners: 2 – 5 %
INCI Name: Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter
Extraction Method: Cold-pressed, pressed through expeller.
Country of Origin: Brazil
Status: Wild harvested
Note: When adding a butter to creams and lotions, it might be necessary to gently warm it until melted or very soft in texture and can be incorporated into the final product. Using a hand blender, create a vortex with your cream or lotion and drizzle in your melted butter until fully incorporated and consistently smooth. For addition in soaps, the general rule of thumb is one tablespoon per pound (15 ml/500 g). As with most raw materials, results may vary, so we strongly recommend small, lab-scale batches prior to any commercial manufacturing.