Vitamin C Powder
One of the most common naturally transpiring vitamins and antioxidants in nature, vitamin C is a vital part of any skincare routine. Vitamin C is a highly recommended anti-oxidant and is a necessary component in the production of collagen, the tissue accountable for skin suppleness. Vitamin C has also been shown to help slow the generation of "age spots" while providing some UV strength.
Vitamin C fortifies the immune system and has been used to improve blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%, which may help the body fight off swelling.* Individuals use high-dose Vitamin C to reduce indications of fatigue, nausea and vomiting, pain, and dehydration loss.
Our Pure Vitamin C helps comfort metabolism and has been used for years. Removal of oxidative stress from taking Vitamin C has to lead to an improvement in resting metabolism.* Our raw Vitamin C uses no high heat, artificial binders or fillers, artificial flavors, sweeteners additives, or colors.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Can lighten and freshen skin for a beautiful glow
- A common ingredient in many skin products
- A powerful antioxidant that protects skin and face from damage
- Anti-aging products
- Recommended Usage: 1-5% for daily use and 10% or 20% for special treatments (Serums/ Concentrates).
- Ingredients: L-Ascorbic Acid
- Solubility: Readily water-soluble making it suitable to include in the water phase.
- Stability: This vitamin is relatively stable and is not usually affected by light, moisture, UV light, or acid/ alkali conditions
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Formulating Tips: This form of vitamin C readily oxidizes in the presence of air and water. It is reactive with metals and can discolor formulations containing certain perfumes and salts. To help stabilize the formulation we suggest keeping the pH low, adding a chelating agent (such as EDTA), and avoid using iron oxide. Fragrances such as pure essential oils may also be better than fragrant oils which contain a mix of ingredients, some of which may destabilize the vitamin.
- For a cosmetic cream, we would suggest adding anti-oxidants such as another antioxidant in the form of Vitamin E, Rosemary, or Olive Leaf Extract to prevent oxidation. Keeping pH acidic helps prevent early degradation.