Vitamin C Powder - Wholesale
One of the most common naturally transpiring vitamins and antioxidants in nature, vitamin C is a vital part of any skincare routine. Vitamin C is a highly recommended anti-oxidant and is a necessary component in the generation of collagen, the tissue accountable for skin suppleness. Vitamin C has also been shown to help slow the creation of "age spots" while presenting some UV protection.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help support your protected system. Vitamin C helps to metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins for energy production. It also plays an essential role in the synthesis of cholesterol and steroid hormones. Vitamin C is essential for normal bone addition, collagen formation, iron consumption, and healthy teeth. Studies have shown that vitamin C may lower blood strength by reducing artery wall stiffness. It may also decrease the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Can lighten and freshen skin for a beautiful glow
- A common ingredient in many skin products
- A powerful antioxidant that protects skin and face from damage
- Anti-aging products
- Recommended Usage: 1-5% for daily use and 10% or 20% for special treatments (Serums/ Concentrates).
- Ingredients: L-Ascorbic Acid
- INCI Name: L-Ascorbic Acid
- Origin: Vitamin C is usually manufactured via biotechnology from natural starting materials
- Solubility: Readily water-soluble making it suitable to include in the water phase.
- Stability: This vitamin is relatively stable and is not usually affected by light, moisture, UV light, or acid/ alkali conditions
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Formulating Tips: This form of vitamin C readily oxidizes in the presence of air and water. It is reactive with metals and can discolor formulations containing certain perfumes and salts. To help stabilize the formulation we suggest keeping the pH low, adding a chelating agent (such as EDTA), and avoid using iron oxide. Fragrances such as pure essential oils may also be better than fragrant oils which contain a mix of ingredients, some of which may destabilize the vitamin.
- For a cosmetic cream, we would suggest adding anti-oxidants such as another antioxidant in the form of Vitamin E, Rosemary, or Olive Leaf Extract to prevent oxidation. Keeping pH acidic helps prevent early degradation.