Our Babassu oil is a tropical oil made from the seeds of the babassu palm, a tree native to the rain forests of South America. Packed with antioxidants and healthy fats, it can boost the health of your skin and hair, moisturizing them without causing you to feel greasy or develop acne.
The Babassu Oil is similar to Coconut Oil in its applications and appearance. But because Babassu Oil is more lightweight - it's a great alternative to the heavier Coconut Oil, which can be too rich for some applications.
This Babassu Oil contains fatty acids that are highly beneficial to the skin, including high concentrations of Lauric Acid and Myristic Acid, which both have a cooling effect when applied to the skin.
- Wound-Healing Properties
- Part Used: Seeds
- Synonyms: Orbignya Oleifera
- Common Names: Babassu Palm, Cusi, Babassu
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Appearance: Light Yellow Oily Liquid
- Formulating Tips: This can be used neat on the skin or in any quantity as part of your oil phase.