Description: Coconut oil is a versatile and natural ingredient that is commonly used in skincare products. It is derived from the meat of mature coconuts and is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that can nourish and protect the skin.
- Moisturises the skin: Coconut oil can penetrate deeply into the skin, providing intense hydration and leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Anti-aging properties: The antioxidants in coconut oil can help to protect the skin from free radical damage and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Can improve skin conditions: Coconut oil can help to soothe and treat various skin conditions
How to use:
- As a moisturiser: Apply a small amount of coconut oil to the face and body after showering or bathing.
- As a makeup remover: Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto the face to remove makeup and impurities.
- As a hair treatment: Apply coconut oil to the hair and scalp to moisturise and improve the hair's health.
- As a base ingredient in DIY skincare products such as lotions, creams, and serums.
- As a carrier oil for essential oils.
- As an ingredient in homemade hair masks and treatments.
INCI Name: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
Country of origin: Many countries but commonly sourced from the Philippines
Recommended Amount: Can be used up to 100% in DIY skincare formulations.
- When using coconut oil in skincare formulations, it is best to use a refined or fractionated version as it is more stable and has a longer shelf life.
- It is also important to note that coconut oil can solidify at room temperature and may need to be melted before use.
Legal Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As with any natural ingredient, it is always best to patch test before use.