Vegetable glycerine, sometimes spelled vegetable glycerin, is a transparent, colorless, and unscented viscous liquid derived from the oils of plants such as coconut, palm, or soy. It is also known as vegetable glycerol or simply glycerol. Vegetable glycerine attracts and locks moisture into the skin, thereby softening, smoothing, and soothing the complexion. Its ph level closely matches that of the skin, which makes it gentle enough to be used by those with sensitive skin and in baby skincare.
Vegetable glycerine protects the skin and scalp from destructive bacteria, regulates oil production, soothes itching and dryness, eliminates congestion in the pores, nourishes unhealthy and dull skin and hair, maintains the elasticity of the skin and strands, and contributes sun-protective properties to guard against the harmful effects of overexposure to UV radiation.
Benefits of Glycerine:
- Assists with retaining moisture in the skin.
- Sometimes it can act to increase the solubility of some actives.
- Can be used directly on the skin to hydrate and help ease dry, rough, cracked, and irritated skin.
- Its ph level closely matches that of the skin.
- It is also known as vegetable glycerol or simply glycerol.
- Vegetable glycerine attracts and locks moisture into the skin.
- Item Type: Moisturiser
- Materials: Glycerin
- Scent: Unscented
- Type: Daily Use
- Skin Type: All Skin Types
- Recommended Usage: 1 - 5%
- Appearance: Clear, Viscous Liquid
- Palm Status: Not derived from palm