Kaolin clay is white and has a very soft texture. It is rich in “Kaolinite,” a type of mineral. Kaolin clay has a neutral pH and is rich in silica dioxide. Compared to other clays (such as bentonite clay), Kaolin clay does not make your skin dry. It is gentle on your skin and makes it soft and healthy. Hence, Kaolin clay is suited for people with dry, sensitive, and mature skin. It is commonly used in a wide range of other cosmetic products such as soaps, facial powders, deodorants, scrubs, make-up, cleansers, and masks.
How to use this item:
1. Use it as a facial cleanser
Kaolin can make a soothing, gently exfoliating facial cleanser. It is even mild enough to be used daily. To wash your face with kaolin, gently wet your skin with warm water. Massage a pinch of clay into your skin, letting it stand for about a minute. Then, wash your face with clean, warm water and continue with your daily toning and moisturizing routine.
2. Make an acne treatment mask
Kaolin clay is great for absorbing oils and treating whiteheads. There are a number of ways you can make a Kaolin clay mask. The easiest way is to simply mix the clay with enough water to get it to a thin paste consistency. Leave it on until it dries, about 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off. You could also make a more healing clay mask by adding other ingredients.
3. Create customisable face masks, makeup etc
See our recommended usage for these products
Benefits for the skin:
- Cleanses and pulls impurities from the pores without causing redness.
- Absorbs excess oils and helps balance oil production
- Stimulate the skin and offers a toned and tightened appearance
- Gentle for the skin, including those people with sensitivities to scrubs and cleansers.
- 100% pure white kaolin clay
- Natural beauty clay for skincare
- Suitable for sensitive skin - kindest of all clays
Recommended Usage: 0.5-50% Typically but can be applied to the skin in any concentration once wetted
Ingredients: 100% White Kaolin Australian Clay
Composition: Kaolin, Quartz
INCI Name: Kaolin Clay
Country of Origin: Australia
Appearance: Fine, Creamy White Powder
NOTE: Do not store or mix the clay with metal utensils. Always use plastic, glass, ceramic or wooden utensils and storage containers.